Carrot-orange soup

Carrot-orange soup

If you asked yourself why it was so quiet here in the last few days, here is the reason: I was on vacation for a few days. I returned home Sunday afternoon and I was very hunger. I did not have so many things in the fridge but luckily for me I've found a couple of carrots, a potato and an onion. I added a few spices, some orange juice and crème fraîche and so I cooked a delicious soup.

You need:


300 g carrots
600 ml water
250 ml orange juice
grated rind of an orange
1 potato
1 onion
1 tbsp butter
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp crème fraîche
½ tsp turmeric powder
salt
pepper

Ingredients


This is how you proceed:


Peel carrots, potato, onion and cut into small pieces.

Melt butter in a saucepan and fry the vegetables in it. Add turmeric powder and deglaze with hot water. Add bay leaf and cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.


Place the vegetables with some vegetables water in the blender and puree. Add orange juice and zest. Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Puree again.

Carrot-orange soup
Carrot-orange soup

No comments