Rhubarb jam

Rhubarb jam

I don’t know if I have told you before, but I love rhubarb and I am always happy when the rhubarb season begins. Then I bake a lot with rhubarb. New (rhubarb tart) but also old (rhubarb tiramisu) recipes are then baked. Last week I cooked again with rhubarb...this time I made rhubarb jam. I don’t really like jam so much because it is much too sweet for me. But rhubarb jam is just perfect...not too sweet, not too sour...as I said...perfect for my taste. I prepared a small amount, but I will prepare a few new glasses.


You need: 

500 g rhubarb
165 g jam sugar 3:1
1 stalk of mint

This is how we proceed:

Clean and wash the rhubarb. Cut into 2 cm large pieces. Give rhubarb and jam sugar in a pot and set aside for 1 hour. Bring to a rolling boil (a boil that doesn’t stop bubbling when stirred), stirring frequently and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.

Wash mint, shake dry, pluck leaves from the stalk and chop finely. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in mint. Fill jam into sterilized jars. Seal immediately. Put glasses on the lid and let them stand like this for 10 minutes. After that turn the jars back and let the jam cool down. Store rhubarb jam dark and cool. 


Rhubarb jam
Rhubarb jam

No comments