Fruit cake

Fruit cake

2 or 3 weeks ago, I saw in the supermarket nectarines. Although I knew I should not buy them because they will not taste, I still bought a 1 kilo. I arrived home and have enjoyable bitten in the first nectarine. How did it taste? It did not taste. The disappointment was huge and so I asked myself what I should do now with the nectarines. I then remembered the fruit cake recipe that I wanted to try for a long time. And so a couple of nectarines and a few other fruits that I had at home were used for this cake. The cake tasted so good and was so juicy. The fruits were very tasty…also the nectarines. The other half kilo was processed into jam (recipe will follow).


You need:

1 ½ cups (250 g) flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 egg
¾ cup (150 g) sugar
½ cup (125 ml) milk
¼ cup (50 ml) oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 pears
1 apple
nectarines

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 35 minutes

This is how we proceed:

Preheat oven to 200 C degrees celsius.

In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and the salt.

In a second bowl whisk together egg, sugar, milk, oil and vanilla extract.

Fruit cake batter preparation

Fold into the flour.

Fruit cake batter preparation

Wash and cut fruits in pieces. Dust with flour and add to the batter. Fold the fruits in.

Fruit cake batter

Grease a baking dish with oil and dust with flour. Pour the batter in the dish and bake for about 35 minutes.

Fruit cake before baking

Let cool and serve.

Fruit cake
Fruit cake

Ich habe die Früchte genommen die ich zu Hause hatte. Aber ihr könnt natürlich auch andere Früchte verwenden.
I used the fruits that I had at home, but you can use also other fruits.

No comments