Eton mess


Eton Mess is a traditional English dessert consisting of a mixture of strawberries, pieces of meringue and cream.As you can see in my pictures I haven’t used strawberries but cherries. Not because I do not like strawberries, but because I cannot eat them. Otherwise I risk an allergic reaction. This is not a reason to bake desserts where strawberries are the main ingredient. I just use something else. And for the Eton Mess I opted for cherries. You can of course take strawberries or you try my version


You need:

100g cherries
250ml whipping cream
meringue nests, crushed
Preparation time: 20 minutes

Servings: 2

This is how we proceed:


Wash the cherries and remove the pit. Whip the cream until stiff, then fold in the crushed meringue.


Spoon layers of cream and cherries in 2 glasses. Garnish with a cherry and meringue pieces.

Eton mess
Eton mess

No comments