Gnocchi

Violet gnocchi

I have refused for a long time to cook gnocchi. This not because it is so difficult, it is because I didn’t ate gnocchis that really tasted good. I have tried a few times gnocchi, but was always disappointed with the taste. But this has changed a few months ago, when I was visiting one of my friends. She prepared some gnocchi and I've tried them. And they tasted good. So I gave gnocchi another chance and decided to make them. At home I had purple potatoes, so purple gnocchi were prepared. Because they taste really good, you can the recipe today.


You need:

500 g violet potatoes
100 g flour + extra for sprinkling
1 egg
salt

This is how we proceed:


Boil the potatoes in salted water. When cooked, peel off the skin and then mash them.

Sprinkle a working surface with flour and place the mashed potatoes on it. Make a hole and add the flour, salt and the egg. Knead until you have a smooth dough.

Gnocchi dough

Take a little piece from the dough and roll to make a long cylindrical shape. Slice 1 inch pieces with a knife. Let each piece slide on a fork starting from the top. Put them on a plate and sprinkle with flour.

shaping gnocchi

Bring water to a boil. Put the gnocchi. Cook them until they float. Take them away from the water and transfer to plates.

Gnocchi

I served the gnocchis with a Parmesan sauce. For this you need to melt 30 g butter in a pan. Add 60 g grated Parmesan and sautée. Deglaze with 100 ml cream and bring to a boil.

Gnocchi

No comments