Toast bread

Toast bread

The weather was not so great on Saturday so I took this as an opportunity to clean the whole apartment. This included cleaning of the windows, cleaning of the fridge but also making some space in my photo corner. Usually I need the whole day. I don’t have such a big apartment, but I’m taking often breaks. Because of this I was sure that I would not be able to go grocery shopping, so I decided to bake bread. I've been meaning to bake toast for quite some time and now I had the opportunity. The dough was stirred rapidly; it rise beautifully while I cleaned the room; then it was formed into a loaf and baked. But read on, the recipe for toast is really easy. And it tastes so good.

You need:

200 ml warm water
100 ml milk + 2 tbsp for brushing
500 g wheat flour
2 tsp dry yeast
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
 
ingresients toast bread




preparation time: 15 minutes
resting time: 45 minutes
baking time: 40 minutes

This is how we proceed:

Mix water and milk. Put flour into a mixing bowl and add yeast, salt and sugar and mix well. Add milk-water mixture and knead with the dough hook of the mixer first to the lowest level for1 minute, then at full power for 4 minutes until you get smooth, slightly sticky dough.

Sprinkle the dough with flour. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. I let it rise for 1 hour.

Toast bread dough

Knead dough on a floured surface and shape into a narrow loaf. Place it in a greased loaf tin and let rise in a warm place for abother 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 200 C degrees.

Toast bread in the pan

Cut lengthwise bread surface with a sharp knife about 1 cm deep and brush with some milk.

brushing toast bread with milk

Bake bread for 40 minutes. Let bread cool slightly, take out from the mold and let it cool on a wire rack completely.

Toast bread
Toast bread
I tell you this: from now on I will never buy toast.

No comments